Search PurpleMonkeyPrinting.com's Blog

Monday, September 21, 2009

30 Second Color Correction

Color correction can be a pain!  The method I will be showing you today is very simple and produces some pretty great results.

Let's start out with an image.  Of course, I have chosen a monkey :)




















Now open Photoshop and let's get started!


1. We will be working with adjustment layers today.  The reason I prefer to use adustment layers is because I'm sloppy.  I know that if I make a mistake while using an adjustment layer, I don't mess up my original picture.  Start by creating a new Levels Adjustment Layer.

2. In the adjustments panel, where it says RGB, click on the drop down menu and select Red.

3. When you're in the red histogram, bring in the black and white sliders to the spot where the histogram starts to get larger.

4.  Repeat this step for Green and Blue.


5.  Voila!!  30 second color correction. 


PurpleMonkeyPrinting.com : : Online Printing, Custom Printed Envelopes, Graphic Design Services


Have an Oooo  ahahh ahahatastic day!
- Melissa the Purple Hued Primate 

Online Printing. Custom Printed Envelopes. Graphic Design.











2 comments:

  1. wow..simple but nice tutrorial..
    tnx for posting..
    keep on posting articles like this..
    thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it.Cheers for the info!!!! & This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about color correction issue
    colour correction

    ReplyDelete